Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
01226 211 211 or 01226 211 183
Disabled Supporters Association
Mrs Joan Dawson
01226 297 584
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There is a club car park with 59 accessible parking spaces for home and away supporter’s available, home supporters via seasonal parking permit and away in the away car park as directed by stewards. Drop off facilities are not available.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Barnsley see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Barnsley Website
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 59 wheelchair user spaces available to them, and these can be found at pitchside and on a raised platform in the disabled corner stand. There are 18 elevated wheelchair user spaces for away supporters in the away section. There are designated easy access seats for supporters with ambulant disabilities which are available in the home and away end but this is not amenity seating.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 159 wheelchair spaces (135 home and up to 24 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 48% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 82 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use the 4 accessible toilets inside the stadium. The club shop is accessible for all fans and has a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections do have low level serving counters and so are fully accessible with the exception of the South Stand.
Accessible services & information
The club does not have a hearing loop. Match radio commentaries are available via headsets, collect and return to the main reception. Facilities for assistance dogs are available. The concourses do not have rest areas included.
Barnsley Club Website - Disabled Supporters Information
Updated August 2016.
Comments about Barnsley:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.