Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Disabled Supporters Association
There is no DSA at present.
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
Priestfield Stadium is in a very residential area of Medway and has no parking for supporters. Supporters can be dropped off close to the stadium in any of the surrounding streets as no roads are closed on match days. They are also able to park in any of the residential areas as long as they display a blue badge correctly. Drop off facilities are also available by request from the safety officer.
The club's official club class travel to away games is fully accessible for all supporters.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Gillingham see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Gillingham Website
Spectator Viewing areas
There are 102 wheelchair user spaces - 96 for Home fans and 6 for Away fans - all located pitch side. Away fans are seated with their own supporters. Ambulant disabled Home fans have access to seats in the first 3 rows in any block and Away fans have access to the first 3 rows at the back in segregated areas with own fans.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 105 wheelchair spaces (89 home and up to 16 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore meets 97% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 3 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
There are 6 accessible toilets in each stand at various locations. The club shop is accessible for all fans but does not have a low level serving counter. All food kiosks, as well as the Club Shop and ticket office are easily accessible.
Accessible services & information
The ticket office does have a hearing loop installed. Match commentaries are available through Access Audio full Aural Aide description equipment. A total of 10 headsets are available and can be ordered when booking tickets and can be collected from the club shop on Redfern Avenue. Deposits are needed for away fans.
Facilities for assistance dogs are not available. The concourses do not have rest areas included.
Updated August 2016
Comments about Gillingham:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.