John Smith's Stadium
John Smith's Stadium
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There is a club car park with 50 accessible spaces for both home and away supporters, bookable via ticket office on 01484 484123 or from Sue Farrell on 01484 484102. Drop off facilities are available.
The club provide accessible travel to away games.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Huddersfield Town see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
Details of all ticketing arrangements can be obtained from the Disability Liaison Officer by contacting 01484 484102 by fax 01484 484101 by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sue Farrell, Disability Liaison Officer, Huddersfield Town, Huddersfield, HD1 6PX.
You can contact the club ticket office on 01484 484123
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 100 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found at pitchside and on a raised platform (16). 16 spaces for wheelchair users can be found on a raised platform in the away section for away supporters. Ambulant disabled supporters can request ambulant seating (72 for home supporters and available on request for away supporters).
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 162 wheelchair spaces (138 home and up to 24 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 72% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 46 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
There are 13 accessible toilets in the stadium, located 10-12 metres from the accessible seating areas and in each stand. The club shop is accessible for all fans but does not have a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections do have low level serving counters and so are fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
The club has a hearing loop in the ticket office. Match commentaries from the local hospital radio are available via 11 headsets available from main reception, these can be used anywhere in the stadium and can be pre-booked on 01484 484123. Facilities for assistance dogs are available on request, please contact Sue Farrell on 01484 484102 to make arrangements. These seats are available on the front row of the stand with extra room, water bowls are provided. The concourses do have rest areas included.
Huddersfield Club Update - Disabled Supporters Information
Updated August 2016.
Comments about Huddersfield Town:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.