Assessment of Accessible Facilities
The County Ground
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
0844 880 1099
Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
20 accessible parking spaces are available to home and away supporters by pre booking with the club. They are located 100 metres away. Drop of facilities are available.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Swindon Town see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Swindon Town Website
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 47 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found at pitchside. 10 spaces for wheelchair users can be found at pitchside in the away section for away supporters.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 125 wheelchair spaces (106 home and up to 19 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 46% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 68 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use accessible toilets inside the stadium located in the away end, Arkells Stand and Don Rogers Stand. The club shop is accessible for all fans and has a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home section and away sections have low level serving counters and so are fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
The ticket office does not have a hearing loop installed. Match audio commentaries are available via 10 headsets available from Stewards, by pre booking with the club. Facilities for assistance dogs are available. The concourses do not have rest areas included.
Updated October 2013.
Comments about Swindon Town:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.