York City

York City

The information provided on this page is generated by information supplied by the clubs. Level Playing Field (LPF) cannot be held responsible if the service and provision differs from what is stated on our website. If you have any queries or wish to raise a point please get in touch directly with LPF – info@levelplayingfield.org.uk

Stadium Information


Bootham Crescent


Bootham Crescent
YO30 7AQ

Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters


Angela Blackmore

Telephone no.

01904 559 504

Disabled Supporters Association


There is no DSA at present.



Website address



Accessibility Information

For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.


Getting There & Parking


No onsite parking available although situated in a built-up residential area, which provides ample street parking and car parking areas in close proximity. Drop off facilities are available.

Getting a Ticket


For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the York City Website

Spectator Viewing areas


25 spaces for wheelchair users allocated in the Main Stand allocated to home and away supporters. Personal assistants sit about 3 metres away.


NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 90 wheelchair spaces (77 home and up to 13 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.


LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.


Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 28% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 65 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.

Accessible amenities


There is  1 aaccessible toilet at corner of Main Stand and Grosvenor Road Terrace whilst catering is limited and better left to personal assistants to collect.

Accessible services & information


audio Commentary facilities are not available.


Updated September 2013.

Comments about York City:


If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -

you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.


Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field

before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.


Fans comments reflect the views of the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of LPF.


Post new comment

Which match did you attend?
Note: your e-mail address or phone number will NOT appear publicly on this or any other page on this site. It is merely required by Level Playing Field should we need to contact you about the comment in the future.

Plain text

  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.


  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <blockquote> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
You can upload a photo of your view in the stadium to help inform other users.
Files must be less than 512 MB.
Allowed file types: png gif jpg jpeg.
Please tick the box below, this helps prevent spam posts.