Level Playing Field (LPF)
This page (together with our terms of website use) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
In these terms “the site” means www.levelplayingfield.org.uk. Please read the below carefully before you start to use the site. By using our site, you indicate that you accept the below. If you do not agree to the below, please refrain from using our site.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.levelplayingfield.org.uk is a website operated by Level Playing Field (LPF) ("we", “us” or “our”). Level Playing Field is a working name of The National Association of Disabled Supporters, a registered charity in England and Wales (1079740). We are a registered charity in England with number 1079740 at Regus House, Herons Way, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QR; this is our main trading address. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), we are the data controller.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us, including by filling in forms on our site or otherwise through our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting information, ordering products and/or services. We may also ask you for information, for example, when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
3. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use our reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us and/or which we have previously supplied to you.
- To process your orders and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, this may be email or post.
If you do not want us to use your data as above, please contact us at the contact details given at the end of this policy.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to any group undertaking, as defined in sections 1161 and 1162 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets or our share capital is to be sold, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to be informed whether we hold personal data in respect of you, the sources of that data, its uses, the persons to whom we disclose it and you have a right of access to information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Level Playing Field