St Mary's Stadium
St. Mary's Stadium
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Khali Parsons, Supporter Relations Manager & Daniel Whittington, Supporter Relations Advisor
02380 711 980 (Khali) and 02380 711909 (Daniel)
Disabled Supporters Association
02380 861101 / 07866 150784
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
Southampton Football Club provides 80 Accessible Parking Spaces for home supporters which are sold on a seasonal basis.
There are 6 parking spaces for visiting disabled fans. These are located in the North Car Park, adjacent to the visiting fans turnstile. Spaces must be booked in advance. The cost to Disabled Supporters to park in the stadium is £6.00 which is payable on entry into the car park. If you would like to book a space for your Away match please call the Supporter Relations Department on 02380 711 909/980. Please ensure that you have purchased your match ticket from your Club before booking parking’
The Stadium Car Parks will be open up to 40 minutes before kick off and re-open approximately 20 minutes after the final whistle.
The drop off point is situated at the front of the Stadium adjacent to the Main Reception and the Ted Bates statue.
Disabled fans enjoy a comfortable, safe ride to St Mary’s Stadium, courtesy of Southampton Dial-a-Ride operated by SCA Support Services, which is funded by Southampton Football Club. The service is provided free of charge to disabled supporters registered with the scheme and proves to be very popular.
Accessible travel to away games is also available.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Southampton see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
Information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Southampton website.
Tickets for disabled supporters can be purchased by contacting the dedicated line at the Ticket Office: tel: 02380 718 601 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spectator Viewing areas
Southampton FC have 170 spaces for wheelchair users available. This includes 52 in elevated positions and 118 pitchside. 156 spaces are for home fans and 14 spaces for away fans which can be found pitch side. Away fans are seated with their own supporters.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 186 wheelchair spaces. 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club only meets 91% of the current minimum guidance and has a shortfall of 16 wheelchair user spaces.
They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
There are a total of 31 wheelchair accessible toilets at the stadium. 2 are located outside the stadium, 21 are located on the concourses and 8 are located in the hospitality sections. The club shop is accessible for all fans. The Ticket Office is accessible for all fans, and a lowered window has been fitted for wheelchair users. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections do have low level serving counters and are also fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
The club does have a hearing loop. Match commentaries are available via the local hospital radio in lower block 4 (home area) in rows C to G, stewards hand headsets out. Facilities for assistance dogs are not available. The concourses do not have rest areas included.
Updated September 2014.
DSA Additional Information
Disabled? #SaintsFC fan? Want to see a game at St Mary's courtesy of the SDSA? Click here to find out more. All year offer.
Saints Disabled Supporters Association
Southampton FC is pleased to work with the SDSA to ensure an ongoing dialogue with there disabled fans. The association welcomes contact with disabled saints fans and for further information call 02380 861101 or click here to find out more.
Comments about Southampton:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.