The Premier League and EFL have both produced guidance for fans.
Last week the government announced: “From Wednesday 15th December, and subject to parliamentary approval, the NHS COVID Pass on the NHS App will become mandatory for entry into nightclubs and settings where large crowds gather – including unseated indoor events with 500 or more attendees, unseated outdoor events with 4,000 or more attendees and any event with 10,000 or more attendees.
“People will be able to demonstrate proof of two vaccine doses via the app. Having considered the evidence since the emergence of Omicron, proof of a negative lateral flow test will also be accepted.”
Guidance from the Premier League:
All supporters attending Premier League matches should:
- Be double vaccinated or be able to show a negative lateral flow test result within the last 48 hours
- Complete a COVID-19 status self-declaration on your club’s website ahead of arriving at the stadium
- Only attend if you are able to show your NHS COVID pass. Supporters risk being denied entry if they are unable to do so.
- Wear a face covering in all indoor areas and on public transport when travelling to and from games.
- Practice good public health behaviour by testing regularly and washing/sanitising your hands regularly
- Please DO NOT attend if you have any COVID-19 symptoms
Guidance from the EFL:
- Check the club’s latest COVID-19 guidance in advance of matchday and read its COVID Code of Conduct.
- Ensure you have a valid form of COVID certification in your possession before you leave for the ground or you will not be permitted entry.
The best form of Certification is the COVID pass. You can download the COVID digital pass using the designated NHS App or to your wallet or camera roll in case there is no signal.
- Bring your original printed NHS COVID Pass on the day of the fixture if you are unable to use the digital version.
- A negative Lateral Flow test result will be permissible should you be unable to provide a COVID pass.
- Make sure your passes are easily accessible to ensure efficiency and speed of access when approaching the turnstiles.
A message from Level Playing Field:
If you’re unable to follow the guidelines for disability-related reasons, we would advise that you contact your club as soon as possible.
Level Playing Field is also contactable via firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
How to get an NHS COVID Pass
How to download a digital NHS COVID Pass