Exeter City’s ‘One Game One Community’ Group whose membership includes Exeter City FC Disabled Supporters Association is helping organise a One Game One Community designated match. This year it is against Chesterfield on Saturday 20 October. The theme for the game and this season will be on disability.
Exeter City are undertaking a number of initiatives on the day including:
* Inviting local members of the GB Paralympic blind football team as VIP guests
* Inviting as guests groups from local disability organisations eg Devon in Sight (Devon County Association for the Blind)
* Collection for and participation by the Exeter City Ability Counts football teams (for players with mental health and physical conditions) including half time shoot out
* Promoting ECFC’s work on disability (eg also wheelchair football, cerebral palsy football, headsets/commentaries for the blind) in media, on web and in match programme
* Support from first team striker Guillem Bauza, our OGOC ambassador