Assessment of Accessible Facilities
The Cherry Red Records Stadium
Jack Goodchild Way
422a Kingston Road
Kingston Upon Thames
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
020 8547 3528
Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There is a club car park with 31 accessible spaces for both home and away supporters 20-50 yards away. Drop of facilities are not available.
Getting a Ticket
Information on purchasing a ticket please visit the AFC Wimbledon website. Further information on disabled ticketing is available from the club office by contacting 020 8547 358.
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 18 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found at pitchside and on a raised platform. 4 spaces for wheelchair users can be found on a raised platform in the away section for away supporters.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 47 wheelchair spaces (39 home and up to 8 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 47% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 25 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use accessible toilets inside the stadium. The club shop is accessible for all fans and does not have a low level serving counter, but the club staff will offer assistance. Catering kiosks in the home section and away sections do not have low level serving counters and so are not fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
The ticket office does not have a hearing loop installed. Match commentaries are not available. Facilities for assistance dogs are not available. There are two refreshment bars that have seats which can be used by disabled fans.
Updated September 2013.
Comments about AFC Wimbledon :
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.