Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Direct: 0121 326 1518 Consumer Sales: 0333 323 1874
Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
Accessible parking spaces are available. Home Supporters car parks (all subject to availability) situated on Holte End on site/ Villa Village on site, Yew Tree School and Majestic. 50 places available for away Supporters situated on the Away Coach Car Park Witton Lane (All subject to availability). The area around the ground is hilly with ramps and lifts operating in the stadium. Drop off and Lift passes are available for home and away supporters.
Parking and Lift passes are bookable by calling Sheila Maybury on 0121 326 1518 or Consumer Sales 0333 323 1874 with at least 7 days’ notice.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Aston Villa see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Aston Villa Website
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 75 spaces for wheelchair users available to them. 8 spaces for wheelchair users can be found in the home section for away supporters. Spaces can be found on an elevated mid tier position for both home and away supporters (the length of the Trinity Road Stand). The area allows all personal assistants to sit alongside with all positions fully covered. Places for ambulant disabled supporters can be found in a dedicated area in the home end, or alternatively the club will accommodate individual requests on application to Sheila Maybury.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 214 wheelchair spaces (182 home and up to 32 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 39% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 131 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
7 Accessible toilets are located directly behind the spaces for wheelchair users and have radar locks. Keys available from stewards. The refreshment facilities have been adapted for both wheelchair users and ambulant disabled fans with full access to all catering outlets. Steward assistance is available if requested.
Accessible services & information
Audio commentary is available via headsets. Headsets are provided free of charge. Contact Sheila Maybury for more details. The club also has hearing loops available for deaf or hard of hearing supporters.
Aston Villa Club Website - Disabled Supporters Information
Updated August 2016.
Comments about Aston Villa:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.