Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Ms Christine Peacock MBE
Disabled Supporters Association
c/o Blackburn Rovers FC
01254 296 205
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There are around 80 accessible parking spaces mixed for home and away supporters is in close proximity to the stadium. Drop off points are located at the Blackburn End and Darwen End of the stadium. Level access around and throughout the stadium.
Accessible travel is available for disabled supporters to away games.
Travel information is listed on the disability matters webpage and is updated as appropriate.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Blackburn Rovers see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
Information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Blackburn Rovers Website.
A booking fee of £1 per ticket to a maximum of £2 per transaction applies to all tickets purchased over the phone when using a credit card.
For your comfort, tickets can be collected on match day inside the store rather than the outside collection windows.
A mini-com and a loop system are situated in the Ticket Office. The loop system is also available in Blackburn End Reception.
TICKETS CAN ALSO BE PURCHASED:
Using the Ticket Office Hotline number 0871 222 1444
By fax - 01254 262744 (include ticket requirements, payment details and a contact telephone number);
Online at www.onerovers.co.uk
By post (include payment and a stamped addressed envelope).
Blackburn Rovers now has a telephone option for disabled supporters' information with regard to purchasing tickets including Personal Assistant tickets.
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have up to 262 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found at pitchside. Up to 30 spaces for wheelchair users can be found at pitchside in the away section for away supporters. Pitchside positions give partial cover with PA’s seated slightly behind. No specific numbers of tickets are allocated for the ambulant disabled. The club advise that ambulant disabled supporters can generally sit where they wish, but front row pitchside offers the best access.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 183 wheelchair spaces and they exceed that figure. 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore exceeds the current minimum guidance. They should continue to monitor this and carry out regular reviews under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
There are 14 accessible toilets in the main lower concourses all equipped with emergency alarms and 20 accessible toilets for ambulant supporters in the upper tiers. 14 non-dedicated catering outlets serve lower concourse areas with Steward Assistance available on request.
Accessible services & information
Radio commentary is available from the Club’s radio station Radio Rovers – supporters are currently asked to bring a small radio and headset. Blind and partially-sighted supporters can choose to sit anywhere and are not restricted to a dedicated area to receive commentary. Abridged Braille and audio Match day programmes are available.
Assistance Dogs are welcome at Ewood Park.
Braille and /or audio version of match day programme available on request as are versions of menus in Blues and versions of the Customer Charter. Other accessible formats of other documentation are available on request.
Blackburn Rovers also offer concourse seating areas. There is also a sensory room in the Family Lounge for children with disabilities and families attending a match.
Updated October 2014.
Comments about Blackburn Rovers:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.