Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
01283 565 938
Disabled Supporters Association
There is no DSA at present.
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
23 accessible parking spaces are available to home supporters. Accessible parking is also extended to away supporters. Places can be pre booked over the phone. Parking is located 10 metre away priced at £3. Drop off facilities are also available.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Burton Albion see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Burton Albion website.
Tickets can be booked in advance by contacting Burton Albion on 01283 565938.
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 42 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found pitchside. 11 spaces for wheelchair users can be found at pitchside in the away section for away supporters. Disabled fans with ambulant disabilities can request seats on the front row or ends of rows in both the home and away sections with extra leg room.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 69 wheelchair spaces (59 home and up to 10 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 77% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 16 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use the 8 accessible toilets inside the stadium and there is at least one located in each stand. The club shop is accessible for all fans and has a low level serving counters. Catering kiosks in both the home and away sections do have low level serving counters and so are fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
The ticket office does have a hearing loop installed. Match commentaries are not available but games are broadcast on Derby FM and facilities for assistance dogs are available on request. The concourses do have rest areas included.
Burton Albion Club Website - Disabled Supporters Information
Updated September 2015.
Comments about Burton Albion:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.