Cardiff City Stadium
Cardiff City Stadium
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Mr Adam Gilliatt
0845 365 1115 or 07881 273 889
Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There is a club car park with 120 accessible parking spaces for home supporters and 20 places for away supporters. Eight free of charge parking vouchers are issued to away supporters via their own ticket office.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Cardiff City see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Cardiff City Website
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 151 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found at pitchside and on a raised platform. 20 spaces for wheelchair users can be found at pitchside in the away section for away supporters.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 189 wheelchair spaces. 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 90% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 18 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Cardiff City Stadium has accessible toilets located all around the stadium. Should you require assistance, please see your nearest steward. All accessible toilets operate using a ‘radar’ key system. We would advise you to bring your ‘radar’ access key with you.
The club shop is accessible for all fans and does have a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections do have low level serving counters and so are fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
The club does have a hearing loop. Match commentaries are not available. Facilities for assistance dogs are available. The concourses do have rest areas included.
Cardiff City Club Website - Disabled Supporters Information
Updated August 2016.
Club Additional Information
The Centre for Access to Football in Europe has produced an Access Information document for disabled spectators for the UEFA Super Cup 2014. Click here to view.
For the 2013/14 season Cardiff have produced an away fans guide, with lots of information on the stadium, the area, travelling there etc, as well as some of the things they do to improve the matchday experience of travelling fans (such as showing your season review on the TV’s, staff wearing your club shirts, posters and prizes etc). The guide can be viewed online here
DSA Additional Information
Below from the Cardiff City website.
Cardiff City Football Club has an active Disabled Supporters Association. Our aim is to assist all disabled fans who support Cardiff City and those supporters from visiting clubs to fully enjoy the match-day experience.
There are regular open social evenings where speakers from the Club take part in question and answer sessions and speak about football in general and their role in the club in particular. We also hold other social evenings with entertainment and similar activities throughout the year.
We welcome all new members and if you wish to attend any functions you will be made most welcome.
Comments about Cardiff City :
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.