Assessment of Accessible Facilities
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
David Webb - Disability Co-ordinator
0208 333 4000 x246
Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There is a club car park with 34 accessible spaces for both home and away supporter’s available on a season permit or week by week basis. 2/3 spaces are held back until 24 hours before a match for away supporters requiring accessible parking. After that they are allocated to home supporters. Drop of facilities are available with a drop-off pass. This allows the disabled supporter to be dropped off at the entrance to the stadium near where their seat will be. The driver then leaves the stadium area and parks away from the ground. After the game the disabled supporter can again be collected from the relevant exit once the post-game football traffic has dispersed.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Charlton Athletic see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For further information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Chalton Athletic website.
Tickets for disabled supporters can be purchased by contacting by 0871 226 1905, faxing 020-8333 4011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on tickets appear in the matchday programme, the daily e-mail Bulletin, the club website and the local press.
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 88 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found at pitchside and on a raised platform. 8 spaces for wheelchair users can be found on a raised platform in the away section for away supporters.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 171 wheelchair spaces (145 home and up to 26 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 56% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 75 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use the 10 accessible toilets inside the stadium. The club shop is accessible for all fans but does not a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections do not have low level serving counters and so are not fully accessible, but there is a trolley service that delivers hot drinks to supporters in accessible areas of the ground.
Accessible services & information
The ticket office does have a hearing loop installed. Match commentaries are available via 12 headsets available from the main reception. Headsets should be returned to reception after the match. 7 headsets can be pre booked and the other 5 are available on a first come basis. Facilities for assistance dogs are not available. The concourses do not have rest areas included.
Updated October 2013.
DSA Additional Information
CADSA Committee minutes can be found here.
Comments about Charlton Athletic:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.