Assessment of Accessible Facilities
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Ms Diane Piggott
020 7915 1950
Disabled Supporters Association
Mr M Law
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There is very limited parking at Stamford Bridge for disabled supporters and non-disabled supporters. Parking can be requested once you have a ticket please contact 020 7915 1950 . Blue badge holder can contact Fulham and Hammersmith Council and they would be able to advise which residential street parking fans would be able to use. Please note on matchdays there are road closures in place pre and post-match. A drop of point is located at Stamford Gate (main entrance). Please note on match days Fulham Road is subject to road closures to all fans from up to 2 hours before the game, and up to 2 hours after final whistle.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Chelsea see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Chelsea Website
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 103 spaces in total, 100 spaces for non-ambulant /ambulant supporters are at pitch level in the West Stand (split between 50 free places on a rota system and 50 paid for on a match by match basis) plus their PA's. Pitchside positions give partial cover. There are 3 elevated positions at the North end of the East Stand with helpers alongside. The number of away spaces for non-ambulant supporters is 5 located on an elevated platform behind the away fans with their PA seating in the row in front of the platform. Away disabled supporters are located in the Shed End Lower. An additional 5 non-ambulant spaces are available if request by the club but these are located directly behind the away fans not on a raised platform, their PA sit next to them. Home ambulant disabled supporters can sit on the front row pitchside along the length of the West Stand and East Stand Family section. PA's sit alongside.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 215 wheelchair spaces (183 home and up to 32 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 51% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 104 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
All disabled toilets are fitted with radar keys on the recommendation of Chelsea FC disabled fans. Chelsea FC recommends that all fans to use their own keys as the stewards may not be present at all times.
Catering outlets set in main concourse areas all fully accessible although not dedicated. Steward assistance on request.
Accessible services & information
Audio Commentary is available via ear pieces available all blind and partially sighted supporters at the ground. This will need to be pre-arranged either by email with name, membership number and seat details for the match you are attending or by telephone.
There is an induction loop available at all the box office windows, also there is a dedicated disability window number 7 which has a drop counter.
Updated November 2013.
Comments about Chelsea:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.