Assessment of Accessible Facilities
The Abbey Business Stadium
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Paul Roberts- Director
Disabled Supporters Association
There is no DSA at present.
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
9 accessible parking spaces are available to home supporters. Accessible parking is also extended to away supporters (2 spaces). Places for home fans are booked by season ticket; away fans can pre book by contacting the football club. Parking is located 30 yards away. Drop of facilities are also available by prior arrangement.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Cheltenham Town see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Cheltenham Town website.
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 34 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found at pitchside. 4 spaces for wheelchair users can be found at pitchside in the away section for away supporters. Disabled fans with ambulant disabilities can request seats on the front row unless otherwise stated.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 71 wheelchair spaces (60 home and up to 11 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 54% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 33 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use accessible toilets inside the stadium. The club shop is accessible for all fans but does not have a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in both the home and away sections do not have low level serving counters and so are not fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
The ticket office does not have a hearing loop installed. Match commentaries are not available but facilities for assistance dogs are available on request. The concourses do not have rest areas included.
Updated October 2013.
Comments about Cheltenham Town:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.