Assessment of Accessible Facilities
The Proact Stadium
1866 Sheffield Road
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
01246 209765 ext 4122
Disabled Supporters Association
There is no DSA at present.
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There is a club car park with 24 accessible spaces for home fans - sold on a seasonal basis.
There are four Blue Badge accessible spaces available for away fans located on the North Stand however more can be accommodated in the away coach park. These are based on a first come first serve basis, with a charge of £6 made payable on the day at reception. Please ring the club to make this arrangement.
Drop off points are located throughout the stadium.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Chesterfield see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Chesterfield website.
Spectator Viewing areas
Chesterfield have 100 wheelchair user spaces - 92 for home fans and 8 for away fans. 73 are elevated and 27 are pitchside. Away supporters are seated with their own supporters.
North Stand (Away) – Raised platform for wheelchair users. This stand may be used by away fans.
East Stand – High level platform to rear of the stand for wheelchair users (accessed via lift) Pitch level viewing area for wheelchair users. The northerly section of this stand may occasionally be used by away fans.
South Stand – Raised platform and pitch level viewing available.
West Stand – High level platform to rear of the stand (accessed via lift) and Pitch level are available.
Click here to view stadium photos.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 100 wheelchair spaces and they meet that figure. 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore meets the current minimum guidance. They should continue to monitor this and carry out regular reviews under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use accessible toilets inside the stadium, 2 are located in the concourses of each stand. The stadium also has a Changing Places toilet installed. Stewards carry RADAR keys for entry.
The club shop is accessible for all fans and has a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections have low level serving counters and so are fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
There is a dedicated audio described commentary service, with 50 headsets available for use by home and away supporters. These are available at reception for a refundable deposit of £50 or credit/debt card swipe. Please ring the club to arrange this.
The ticket office does have a hearing loop installed. Facilities for assistance dogs are available. The concourses do not have rest areas included.
Updated July 2014.
Comments about Chesterfield:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.