Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Sophie Harding - Ticket Office Manager
Disabled Supporters Association
Barbara Robinson - Chair & Voluntary Disability Liaison Officer
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There are 23 parking spaces for disabled supporters, 19 for home fans and 4 for away fans and requires pre-booking as many spaces are allocated to season ticket holders at the start of the season. Blue badge holders get free parking provided they display their badge, otherwise the normal parking charge of £5 applies. Drop off spaces are available.
Most of the home accessible parking bays have been reserved and allocated to disabled season ticket holders, but the rest of the car park’s regular sized bays are available on a first-come-first-served basis. If you wish to book in advance call us on 01293 410000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is also a designated bay where disabled fans can be dropped off, if required, and the driver can then park or return to pick up after the game.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Crawley Town website.
Ambulant disabled and wheelchair user tickets cannot be booked online. Please contact the Ticket Office on 01293 410005 or email@example.com
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 22 spaces for wheelchair users available to them. 10 of these can be found at pitchside in both East and West stands, 2 are behind the goal and 10 are in the raised section at the North end of the West Stand, accessible by lift.
Away supporters have 6 spaces for wheelchair users. 4 of these spaces are located at the front of the East stand in the away section and 2 spaces behind the goal at the away end.
Ambulant and blind & partially sighted supporters seats are located on the front row of the East Stand (home & away supporters) and elevated section at north end of West Stand, accessible by lift. There are 100 easy access seats in the stadium.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 59 wheelchair spaces (53 home and up to 6 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 47% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 31 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use the 11 accessible toilets inside the stadium. These are located inside all the turnstiles, in the Redz bar & adjacent to elevated section in the north end of the West Stand. The club shop is accessible for all fans. Catering kiosks in both the home and away sections do not have low level serving counters but are accessible to disabled people.
Accessible services & information
The ticket office does not have a hearing loop installed. Audio Described match commentaries are available from the start of the 2015/16 season for blind and partially sighted fans, both home & away. There are 10 receivers available free of charge, but these should be booked in advance and are allocated on a first come first served basis. Facilities for assistance dogs are available on request however there are no relieving stations.
There is a Guide to our stadium that has useful information for all fans visiting the stadium for the first time, including those who are disabled.
It can be accessed on our website - link http://www.crawleytownfc.com/club/visit-us/
Watch this disabled access guide video put together by the club in partnership with the Crawley Town DSA:
Updated August 2015.
Comments about Crawley Town :
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.