St James' Park
St James Park
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Nick Saunders (Disability Liaison Officer)
01392 411243 option 2 or 07913 256697
Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There is a club car park with limited accessible spaces. There are 6 accessible spaces for both home (4spaces) and away supporter’s (2 spaces) available 20 metres away at the front of the stadium. Please contact the club for availability, spaces can be reserved up to 24 hours in advance from the main reception. Drop off facilities are available.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Exeter City see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For all the latest ticket information visit the clubs official website.
Supporters requiring access to designated areas are advised to purchase tickets in advance if they do not hold a season ticket as the club has limited space available.
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 31 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found on a raised platform and at pitchside, 3 elevated areas in the Flybe Stand (covered), 3 areas in Big Bank Stand (2 covered with waterproofs available for 1 uncovered area , area 5). Ask the nearest steward if a waterproof is required. 3 spaces for wheelchair users can be found on a raised platform in the home section for away supporters, platform is elevated within the Flybe Stand, area 4 (Covered). This bay is designated for away supporters only. Exeter City understand away fans prefer to sit with fellow fans but at present this is the nearest accessible area for wheelchair users to the away supporters. Personal Assistants are seated within designated areas.
The club has two wheelchairs available for hire on match days for those supporters who have a need the loan of a wheelchair. There is no charge but a donation to Exeter City DSA would be welcomed. Supporters wishing to hire a wheelchair are advised to contact club reception for availability.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 88 wheelchair spaces (75 home and up to 13 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 39% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 54 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use the accessible toilet inside the stadium in corner of Big Bank Stand near the entrance to stadium, the area is stewarded and a Radar key locking system is used. There are also two accessible toilets in 'the park'. The club shop is accessible for all fans and has a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections do not have low level serving counters and so are not fully accessible. Grab rails have recently been installed at the back of the WTS stand to ensure safer entry to, and exit from, the WTS stand.
Accessible services & information
The club has a portable hearing loop for use in the club shop or reception. Dedicated match commentaries are available via 10 headsets ordered and collected from the main reception available to home and away supporters. Supporters are advised to contact the club reception for availability and to reserve a headset. Personal Assistants are seated adjacent. Facilities for assistance dogs are available. The concourses do not have rest areas included.
Updated October 2013.
DSA Additional Information
Please see recent news item on improvements made to facilities for disabled fans at Exeter City including an update on the 'Breaking Wind at the Park' Project.
Comments about Exeter City:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.