King Power Stadium
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
0116 229 4555
Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There is a club car park with 36 accessible parking spaces for home and away supporter’s available. Away clubs will be issued with 6 accessible car parking spaces, parking can be booked by calling the sales team on 0844 815 5000 option 1. Drop of facilities are available.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Leicester City see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 146 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found at pitchside and on raised platforms. 8 spaces for wheelchair users can be found on a raised platform in the away section for away supporters.
Pitch level wheelchair spaces with carer's seated immediately behind in the West Stand (Block A2, B1, B2, B3, C1, C2) and East Stand (Block H, J1, J2, J3, L1 ) A limited number of wheelchair spaces also allow for a carer to sit alongside the wheelchair user, if this is a requirement. For season 2013/14 PA's will sit alongside wheelchair users in the East Stand.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 186 wheelchair spaces (158 home and up to 28 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 83% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 32 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use the 16 accessible toilets inside the stadium. All accessible toilets in the King Power Stadium are fitted with RADAR Locks. Supporters are advised to bring their own key.The club shop is accessible for all fans and does have a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home sections do have low level serving counters and so are fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
Leicester City Football Club & LCFC Disabled Supporters Association are proud to announce Audio Descriptive Commentary will be making its debut at the home game against AFC Bournemouth on Saturday 26 October.The headsets should ideally be booked in advance of match day by contacting Leicester City Football Club’s Disability Liaison Officer Jim Donnelly by telephone on 0116 2294555 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The headsets can be made available for supporters wishing to use them on the day of a game and can be collected from the Matchday Staff Entrance, situated at the South Stand area of King Power Stadium from 12.30pm until 2.30pm for 3pm kick off and 5.15pm until 7.15pm on evening kick offs
Supporters can also contact the Secretary of the Disabled Supporters Association by telephone on 07596 376 872 or by email at email@example.com to the day before a game
Please note that supporters will be asked to leave their payment card details and should you fail to return the headsets, there will be a charge of £80 to cover the cost of replacement headsets.
The club does not have a hearing loop. Facilities for assistance dogs are available. The concourses do not have rest areas included. LCFC have a dedicated team of Accessible Support Stewards to assist disabled supporters.
Updated October 2013.
Club Additional Information
DSA Additional Information
Leicester City DSA - The Net
The Net is Leicester City DSA's Newsletter and the latest version can be accessed by clinking on the link below.
Included in the Newsletter is a report from the Vice-Chair, Barbara Merrell, general news update on Stadium matters and ticketing, Player of the Season Awards and an adverrt for Accessible Support Stewards for the club.
To view back copies please click on the link below:
We have started to provide a DSA run accessible coach to selected away matches.
Away Supporters Guide to the Disabled Facilities at the King Power Stadium by the DSA can be found here.
Comments about Leicester City :
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.