Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Michelle Kirk, Equality and Inclusion Adviser
0151 432 5678
Disabled Supporters Association
Liverpool Disabled Supporters Association
0151 432 5676
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There are 50 accessible bays in Stanley Park car park for disabled supporters, 20 of these are for those in receipt of a seasonal car park pass, 30 are distributed on a match by match basis. A further 4 accessible bays are located in the Anfield road car park, close to the stadium disabled entrance. Access is generally level, main stand has a short ramp.
New temporary drop off point -effective from 13 September 2014. Click here for details.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Liverpool see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Liverpool FC website.
Tickets for disabled supporters can be purchased by contacting 0843 170 5555, option 1 then option 0, by email on firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that during busy times a response can take up to five days.
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 92 spaces for wheelchair users available to them. 8 spaces for wheelchair users can be found in the home section for away supporters. Spaces can be found in the Paddock Enclosure, in front of Main Stand which has 32 pitch level positions and a raised wheelchair user platform with a capacity of 8 spaces for wheelchair users and personal assistants. The Kop Stand has 31 positions and the Anfield Road stand has 29 positions. Apart from the 8 places in the Paddock all places are pitch level offering partial cover. PA’s sit behind. Liverpool have an unlimited amount of tickets for Ambulant disabled supporters and offer up to 2 complementary PA tickets depending on the level of assistance required. Whilst Ambulant disabled supporters can sit anywhere within the stadium Liverpool also have a dedicated area for Ambulant supporters in the paddock as this is the most accessible area of the stadium with wider walkways and seats with extra legroom.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 220 wheelchair spaces (187 home and up to 33 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 45% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 120 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
There are now 8 accessible toilets for home supporters and 1 for away supporters are available, all accessible toilets have recently been refurbished with full length mirrors, privacy curtains, re location of hand drying equipment next to wash basins, high contrast colour co-ordinations between handrails and walls and non slip floors. All with dedicated stewards on hand. Low-level counters at nearest catering bars on concourses, although steward assistance is available on request. An induction loop is fitted in the ticket office and the stadium.
Accessible services & information
There are 40 headsets available for an audio service in the stadium, any disabled supporter can request to use this equipment and the system has 2 options of 2 different radio commentary services. Liverpool are currently looking into the feasibility of introducing an audio descriptive service, further details of this will be published by the club shortly. Provision for assistance dogs is available on request.
Updated October 2013
Comments about Liverpool:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.