Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Disabled Supporters Association
Paddy Cronesberry MBE
0771 902 7157
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
The Riverside Stadium has approximately 100 seasonal Disabled parking spaces, 40 in the main stadium car park and a further 60 in the car park behind the stadium. There are five spaces available for visiting Disabled supporters, which can be booked by telephone on 0844 499 1234.
Subject to availability, there is also general matchday parking which can be purchased for £6 by calling the same number. However, this is not exclusively Disabled parking so is sold on a first come, first served basis through the ticket office.
Drop off facilities are not available.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Middlesbrough see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
Information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Middlesborough website.
Tickets for disabled supporters can be purchased by contacting the Disabled Liaison Officer, Simon Macdonald on 0844 499 1234, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 100 wheelchair user spaces available to them, and these can be found at pitchside and a raised level. 15 wheelchair user spaces can be found at pitchside in the away section for away supporters. Please note that visiting supporters have been relocated from the South Stand to the East Stand since the beginning of season 13/14 therefore only pitchside viewing is available for away wheelchair users.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 192 wheelchair spaces (163 home and up to 29 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 60% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 77 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use accessible toilets inside the stadium. These are situated in each stand and you will need a key to access them. The keys are available for collection from the main ticket office. The club shop is accessible for all fans and does have a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections do have low level serving counters and so are fully accessible. On all raised level wheelchair enclosures there is a waiter service in operation.
Accessible services & information
The club does have a hearing loop. Facilities for assistance dogs are available. The concourses do not have rest areas included.
Middlesbrough Club Website - Disabled Supporters Information
Updated August 2016.
Comments about Middlesbrough:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.