Morecambe

Morecambe

Assessment of Accessible Facilities

Stadium

The Globe Arena

Address

Christie Way
Westgate
Morecambe
LA4 4TB

Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters

Name

Rod Taylor

Telephone no.

01524 411797 or 07785 736324

Disabled Supporters Association

Contact Name

There is no DSA at present.

Telephone no.

E-mail address

Website address

 

 

Accessibility Information

For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.

 

Getting There & Parking

 

Accessible parking spaces are available to home and away supporters (if any not required for home supporters) 20 metres away. Home supporters via seasonal permit and away supporters by application. Drop of facilities are not available.

 

National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Morecombe see here for more information.

 

Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.

 

Getting a Ticket

 

For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Morecambe Website

Spectator Viewing areas

 

Home supporters have 40 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found at pitchside in the main stand and covered terrace. 20 spaces for wheelchair users can be found at pitchside in the away terrace for away supporters.

 

NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 64 wheelchair spaces (54 home and up to 10 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.

 

LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.

 

Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 94% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 4 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.

Accessible amenities

 

Both home and away fans can use accessible toilets inside the stadium. The club shop is accessible for all fans and has a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in both the home and away sections do have low level serving counters and so are fully accessible.

Accessible services & information

 

The ticket office does have a hearing loop installed. Match commentaries are not available. Facilities for assistance dogs are not available at present. The concourses do not have rest areas included.

 

Updated October 2013.

Comments about Morecambe :

 

If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -

you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.

 

Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field

before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.

 

Comments

Sheila

Match: Morecambe V York City 26/11/2013

Published: 27/11/2013

 

I visited this ground last night with my disabled son. There were only 2 wheelchair users in the away end , the disabled space was infront of the away seats which was good, but pitchside, we couldnt see the left corner of the pitch & stewards frequently blocked our view, but were always told to move by the lady steward there. The tea bar & disabled toilets were only yards away & easily accessible for wheelchair users.

 

I phoned to try & book a disabled parking space but was told all the car parking spaces had been sold to season ticket holders. When I explained that my sons car had a hoist in the back to lift his electric wheelchair out, he said he would see if he could help. Later he phoned me & said they had managed to find us a space, which we were grateful for.  The car park was nowhere near full for the match though & the away accessible parking area had non blue badge holders parked there, eg taxis. The club shop was easily accessible to wheelchairs

 

Would you like to contact Level Playing Field about this comment? - <click here> to send an e-mail

Post new comment

Which match did you attend?
Note: your e-mail address or phone number will NOT appear publicly on this or any other page on this site. It is merely required by Level Playing Field should we need to contact you about the comment in the future.

Plain text

  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
You can upload a photo of your view in the stadium to help inform other users.
Files must be less than 20 MB.
Allowed file types: png gif jpg jpeg.
CAPTCHA
Type the two words you can see below, this is to prevent automated spam submissions.