NEWPORT COUNTY AFC
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
01633 670 690
Disabled Supporters Association
Newport County Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
20 accessible parking spaces are available to home and away supporters which should be booked in advance.
Getting a Ticket
Tickets for disabled supporters can be purchased by contacting the Ticket Office on 01633 674963. For further information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Newport County website.
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have the choice of two viewing areas within the ground, an elevated wheelchair platform on the North Terrace, along with a viewing area in the Hazel Terrace. Home supporters have 6 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, away supporters have 6 spaces for wheelchair users available to them.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 78 wheelchair spaces (70 home and up to 8 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 15% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 66 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use accessible toilets inside the stadium.
Accessible services & information
The ticket office does have a hearing loop installed. Match commentaries are not available.
Comments about Newport County:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.