Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
0115 982 4390
Disabled Supporters Association
0115 954 1277
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There is a club car park with 100 accessible parking spaces for home and away supporters. To reserve a space, contact the club safety officer - Alan Bexon. There are drop off points at the entrances to the car parks on both the Scarrington Road access to the Brian Clough Stand car park via Lady Bay Bridge, for both home and visiting supporters, and Pavilion Road which gives access to the Main Stand only. Club staff are on site with wheelchairs to assist those with accessibility requirements to get from the car park to the stands.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Nottingham Forest see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Nottingham Forest Website
Tickets may be purchased by telephone at 0115 982 4388 or in person at the Ticket Office.
Spectator Viewing areas
There are 79 wheelchair user spaces available at the City Ground. Home supporters have 68 spaces - 29 are elevated and 39 are at pitch level.
11 spaces for wheelchair users can be found at pitch level in the away section for away supporters.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 180 wheelchair spaces (153 home and up to 27 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 44% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 101 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use accessible toilets inside the stadium. There are 5 within the seated bowl and 3 others in corporate areas that can be accessed by disabled supporters on a matchday The club shop is accessible for all fans and does have a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections do not have low level serving counters and so are not fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
The club does have a hearing loop. Soccer Sight commentary is offered free of charge and can be booked through the club ticket office. In addition, a match commentary from Radio Nottingham is also available, stewards will deliver the headsets to your seat. There are 10 mobile receivers at the City Ground, 6 for home supporters and 4 for away supporters or as demand dictates.
Facilities for assistance dogs are available. The concourses do not have rest areas included.
Nottingham Forest Club Website - Disabled Supporters Information
Updated August 2016.
Comments about Nottingham Forest:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.