London Road Ground
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
01733 563 947
Disabled Supporters Association
There is no DSA at present.
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There is a club car park with 10 accessible parking spaces for home and away supporters available on a first come basis. Drop of facilities are also available on all sides of the stadium.
The football club, in partnership with The Helping Hand Group, run a Park and Ride scheme for disabled supporters with two accessible mini buses. The free service, allows fans to park at The Helping Hands Group (situated 2 miles from the stadium) and be transported to the football ground for arrival approximately and hour before kick-off.
Fans will be taken back to the centre following the final whistle. Fans wishing to use the service need to book in advance through the Ticket Office at London Road or online at www.theposhtickets.com. Bookings are made on a first come, first served basis and include travel for one personal assistant. If you require transport for additional family/friend members, please contact email@example.com in advance.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Peterborough United see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For further information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Peterborough United website.
Disabled supporters can purchase tickets from the box office in person, online at www.theposhtickets.com or via the 24-hotline 0844 847 1934. If a Personal Assistant is required you will need to contact the Posh box Office on 01733 865674 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your booking reference.
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 59 spaces for wheelchair users available to them of which 6 are in a raised platform in the Abax Stand, 10 are in hospitality areas in South Stand (which do not count towards accessible stadia minimum standards) and the other 43 are at pitchside. 8 spaces for wheelchair users can be found at pitchside in the away section for away supporters.
Ambulant disabled fans can choose their own seats when ordering their tickets. If they are registered disabled they will also be eligible for a personal assistant/companion ticket free of charge.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 120 wheelchair spaces (102 home and up to 18 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 48% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 63 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use the 8 accessible toilets inside the stadium these are located in the away fans seated area, main reception, north stand hospitality area, London Rd terrace and North Stand seating, South Stand lower tier and South Stand hospitality area and in the Abax Stand. The club shop is accessible for all fans and does not have a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections do have low level serving counters and so are fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
The club does have a hearing loop at the ticket office. Match commentaries are available via 10 headsets, collection of these is from the main office. Facilities for assistance dogs are available. The concourses do have rest areas included.
Updated August 2016.
Club Additional Information
To view photos of the accessible facilities at the stadium, click here.
Comments about Peterborough United:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.