Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There are 26 accessible parking spaces for home and away supporters available on a first come, first served basis and there is a parking charge. Drop off spaces are available.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Portsmouth see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Portsmouth Website
Ticket office telephone: 02392 778559
Ticket office email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 53 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found at pitch side in the Fratton End. (4 in the Family section*)* On going improvements in this area*. 5 spaces for wheelchair users can be found at pitch side in the home section (Fratton End) for away supporters. Non-disabled away supporters sit opposite in the Milton End. If the visiting club do not sell their 5 allocated tickets, they are allocated to home supporters.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 140 wheelchair spaces (119 home and up to 21 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 41% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 82 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use the 3 accessible toilets inside the stadium located at either end and in the centre of the stand. 1 accessible toilet in the Family Section (south west corner).
There is no club shop at present. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections do not have low level serving counters and so are not fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
The club have a hearing loop at the ticket office and portable loops for functions and meetings are available. Match commentaries are now available for the 2015/16 season and is provided by Alan March Sport.
Audio described match commentary is available and it is advised that this is booked in advance. A form can be downloaded here. This service is free, but there is a charge if the headsets are not returned. They can be collected from main reception before the game and returned via the Chimes Lounge entrance in Frogmore Road. The commentary starts approximately 10 minutes before kick-off and the service is available to home and away fans.
Facilities for assistance dogs are not available. The concourses do not have rest areas included. The club has 4 wheelchairs available on match days, subject to availability.
There are five sets of ear defenders available for match day use. To reserve a pair, contact Pompey Disabled Supporters’ Association (DSA) by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated February 2016.
Club Additional Information
Portsmouth FC have provided the control room reporting text line to visiting supporters so that they can alert the control room direct if they find themselves in a vulnerable situation. This will enable staff on the ground to be alerted to the situation without the complainant drawing attention to themselves by going to a steward. The control room number is 07500 778 844.
The club has stated that they will be looking to move the away wheelchair user section closer to the away fans section. Portsmouth also plan to increase the total amount of wheelchair user spaces and accessible toilets at Fratton Park.
DSA Additional Information
Poncho protection for disabled supporters. Read more here.
Comments about Portsmouth :
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.