Queens Park Rangers
Queens Park Rangers
Assessment of Accessible Facilities
South Africa Road
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
0208 740 2502
Disabled Supporters Association
There is no DSA at present.
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There are up to 6 accessible car parking spaces available to existing season ticket holders. Contact the club's DLO, Jade Strong - email@example.com for more information on accessible parking facilities.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Queens Park Rangers see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
Information on purchasing a ticket please visit the QPR website.
To book tickets please call the Box Office on 08444 777 007, or if you would like any further information on facilities, please e-mail Jade Strong - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 21 spaces for wheelchair users available to them in East and West Paddocks and Ellerslie Road stand. 3 spaces for wheelchair users can be found in the home section for away supporters in the Ellerslie Road stand. Pitchside positions give partial cover with PA seats elevated behind. It can be difficult to see nearside corner flag/side of pitch. There are 6 spaces for ambulant disabled supporters, available in Ellerslie Road stand available on a match by match basis and on first come first served basis. Please note that currently all away fans apart from wheelchair users are housed in an upper level stand, access by staircase only No lift access).
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 145 wheelchair spaces (124 home and up to 21 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 17% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 121 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
There are 5 accessible toilets directly behind the wheelchair spaces in the concourse. QPR have a changing places tolet facility in the West Paddock for home supporters only. Refreshments outlets are situated behind the stands although not dedicated. Steward assistance is available on request.
Accessible services & information
There are 15 audio commentary spaces available in Ellerslie Road stand available on a match by match basis and on first come first served basis. Match commentary is audio described and headsets can be picked up from a steward in this stand.If you are blind or partially sighted, sign up for this great new 'soccer sight'service at the Club. Please contact Fiona Hodgson on 0208 740 2520 or email@example.com. There is a hearing loop in the ticket office.
Updated December 2013.
Club Additional Information
QPR Soccer Sight
The Soccer Sight blind and partially sighted match day commentary system has now been running for 3 years. During this time the system has been a great success and very much appreciated by those that have benefited from the specialist commentary.
QPR in the Community Trust has a dedicated team of 3 volunteers Rob Brennan, Patrick Kendrick and Stephen McCarthy who have all had specific training in audio commentary. At each match two commentators give full match commentary to fans.
“The major difference between Soccer Sight commentary and regular commentary is that the focus is always on which part of the pitch the ball is in. There is no point in giving out historical facts or my opinion if the fan does not know what is happening on the pitch.
Prior to volunteering as a commentator I had always taken for granted coming along to QPR as a fan or as a reporter, but now I enjoy sharing my passion for the game and the club with fellow supporters as the action happens.” Rob Brennan
QPR have 20 headsets and this season being utilised at first team matches. They have 10 season ticket holders that use the system each match and other regulars who book ad hoc.
Comments about Queens Park Rangers:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.