Assessment of Accessible Facilities
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There is a club car park with 28 accessible spaces for both home and away supporter’s available, on a first come first served basis. Drop of facilities are available.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Scunthorpe United see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Scunthorpe United website.
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 14 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found at pitchside. 4 spaces for wheelchair users can be found in at pitchside in the home section for away supporters.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 91 wheelchair spaces (77 home and up to 14 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 20% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 73 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Both home and away fans can use accessible toilets inside the stadium and within hospitality. The club shop is accessible for all fans and does have a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections have low level serving counters and so are fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
The club does not have a hearing loop. Match commentaries are available via headsets with hospital radio commentary, please contact Alan Welsh firstname.lastname@example.org. Facilities for assistance dogs are available. The concourses do not have rest areas included.
Updated October 2013
Comments about Scunthorpe United:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.