Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
0114 221 2586
Disabled Supporters Association
0114 246 5547
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There are 4 club car parks for both home and away supporter’s available. Home supporters are reserved on a seasonal basis. 10 accessible bays are kept for away supporters, these are reserved in advance by contacting the club.
There is a limited amount of matchday parking available for disabled supporters priced at £5.00 per space. These can be booked through the Ticket Office on 0871 900 1867, payment is required upon booking and spaces are available on a first come, first served basis.
Drop off facilities are not available.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Sheffield Wednesday see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Sheffield Wednesday Website
Disabled Tickets can be purchased through the Ticket Office.
The Ticket Office is open between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Saturdays (non-home match) 9.00am to 5.00pm
Saturdays (matchdays) 9.00am to kick-off and 30 minutes after the game.
Tickets can be purchased in person at the Ticket Office or by telephone on 0871 900 1867.
The online system cannot process complimentary Personal Assistant tickets so this must be done in person or by telephone.
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 81 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found on a raised platform. 9 spaces for wheelchair users can be found on a raised platform in the home section for away supporters.
54 Wheelchair user spaces for home supporters
There are 360 designated seats at the front of the North Stand in the Westfield Disabled area for home ambulant disabled supporters.
West Lower Stand
27 Wheelchair user spaces for home supporters
9 Wheelchair user spaces for visiting supporters
Ambulant Disabled supporters also have the option of sitting anywhere in the North, Kop and South Stands but there is no availability in the Grandstand as this area of the ground is at floor level and accessed via eight flights of stairs.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 204 wheelchair spaces (173 home and up to 31 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 44% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 114 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
There are 3 disabled toilets situated near to the Westfield Disabled area and at other locations around the stadium, RADAR keys are needed to access some toilets. The club shop is accessible for all fans and has a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections do low level serving counters and so are fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
The club does have a hearing loop. There are 20 radio headsets available that receive hospital radio commentary from any point in the stadium. Headsets must be collected from the club’s Main Reception in the South Stand for home fans and stewards at Gate 6 for away fans and must be returned to the same place after the match. These are available on a first come, first served basis with a minimum of three headsets reserved for away fans.
Headsets which relay the Wednesday Player commentary are also available to purchase from the Megastore for just £5.00.
Facilities for assistance dogs are available. The concourses do not have rest areas included.
Sheffield Wednesday Club Website - Disabled Supporters Information
Updated August 2016.
Comments about Sheffield Wednesday:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.