Assessment of Accessible Facilities
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
0871 221 2001 option 1
Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There is a club car park with 33 accessible parking spaces for both home and away supporter’s available 50 metres away, book in advance. At least 5 of these spaces are left on a first come first serve basis for supporters on a matchday.Drop of facilities are available.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Tranmere Rovers see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
Spectator Viewing areas
Home and away supporters have access to 33 spaces for wheelchair users available to them, and these can be found at pitchside. Away wheelchair supporters sit with the home suporters in the home end.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 130 wheelchair spaces (111 home and up to 19 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 25% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 97 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Only home fans can use three accessible toilets inside the stadium including a Changing Places facility, in their REcreation Centre. The club shop is accessible for all fans but does not have a low level serving counter. Catering kiosks in the home and away sections do not low level serving counters and so are not fully accessible.
Accessible services & information
The club does not have a hearing loop. Match commentaries are current not available, as their old system has failed so they are in the process of trying to get a new system operational. Facilities for assistance dogs are available as required. The concourses do not have rest areas included.
Updated October 2013.
DSA Additional Information
Tranmere Rovers are holding their first Disabled Supporters Group Meeting on Wednesday 10th July at 7pm in the Recreation Centre at Tranmere Rovers, Prenton Park, Prenton Road West, Birkenhead, Wirral CH42 9PY. Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning to attend.
Comments about Tranmere Rovers:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.