West Bromwich Albion
West Bromwich Albion
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
0121 227 2227
Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
There are a limited number of accessible spaces behind the East stand for match day parking, to book spaces contact Graeme on 01772 336343. There is an accessible drop off point by East Stand - contact club for a 'drop off point' pass. Away parking facilities are available at the factory next to the ground opposite McDonalds.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including West Bromwich Albion see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For further information on purchasing a ticket please visit the West Bromich Albion website.
Tickets for disabled supporters can be purchased by contacting the Albion Disability Liaison Officer Liz Massey on 0121 227 2227.
To view Albion's access, network and equality page, click here.
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 138 spaces for wheelchair users available to them. 7 spaces for wheelchair users can be found in the away section for away supporters. Away places are located at the front of the Smethwick End, behind the goal at pitch level, with advertisement boards in front. There are no specific arrangements for ambulant disabled supporters, please ask for pitchside seating within the wheelchair areas.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 168 wheelchair spaces (143 home and up to 25 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 86% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 23 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
Accessible toilets are fitted with alarms. 2 are located in the Birmingham Road End and 2 in the Smethwick Road with additional ones in the First Aid posts. With a further 2 in the away section. No access to refreshment areas so helper or steward assistance needed.
Accessible services & information
There are 9 places in the Main Stand 20 rows back offering audio commentary. All requests by away fans must go through the club. PA’s sit behind. Commentary is provided by Hospital Radio.
WBA Club Website - Disabled Supporters Information
Updated August 2016.
Comments about West Bromwich Albion:
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.